Here are my Top 10 Tips for Becoming Your Best Self
1. Practice daily gratitude, and find reasons to be grateful every day.
2. Create a spiritual practice, whatever that looks like for you, and connect with power, source, and nature to help you to remain grounded, centered, and present. Things like meditation, prayer, and nature immersion are beneficial
3. Practice self-care, do things that are restorative, and pour them back into you. Things like getting a massage, healing retreats, spa days, being by water or nature
4. Maintain your circle of support, connect with your community, stay in communication with your village and learn to celebrate those who celebrate you. Have accountability partners and surround yourself with people who genuinely love and care about you.
5. Commit to some form of exercise at least 3-5 days a week to improve your overall health, both physically and emotionally
6. Dedicate a least a few hours a week to learning something new. It could be in the form of reading a book or listening to an audible or watching a YouTube video with new information. Expand your mind and be open to growth.
7. Be authentic. Being yourself sounds like something that should come naturally; however, we live in a society where “social media” creates a groupthink mentality, and a lot of people sway in a direction of the masses. Think for yourself, and live in your own truth. You will be a lot happier if you do.
8. Do what you love. If you are in a “deadbeat” job and you want a rewarding career, consider getting a certification or going back to school. Pursue your passion because when you do what you love doing and you get paid to do it, it will never feel like work. In the words of the late Maya Angelou, “If you don’t like something about your life, change it.”
9. Set boundaries. I know it might be something new to implement if you have had relaxed boundaries up until this point; however, boundaries are described by the Berkeley Well-Being Institute as such: "Imagining a fence or a border, the fence might be used to keep two things separate from each other or to provide protection from another entity". Having healthy boundaries is a step in creating positive well-being for yourself. Speaking as such, You can take their, “Well-Being” Quiz here: https://www.berkeleywellbeing.com/well-being-survey.html
10. Lastly, do not be afraid to seek help from a trained mental health professional or a certified life coach when you feel like things may be off for you. I recommend talking to a therapist if you are depressed, anxious, feeling suicidal, having relationship issues, or want to unpack past trauma and or emotional dysregulation. I recommend you reach out to a certified life coach when you want to reorganize your life and you need support with setting goals, making difficult transitions, changing careers, getting out of bad relationships or motivation to start a new venture, moving, setting boundaries, or creating values.
You deserve to live the life of your dreams; however, you must first begin the journey by doing the work! Eve Dionne, Marriage and Family Therapist & Transformational Coach